Wednesday, May 01, 2013

I know this is supposed to be a craft blog, but...

Unfortunately, I haven't really been doing any crafting to speak of lately. I've cast on for an infinity scarf made out of alpaca, but I've barely made any headway with it. Still, I thought I'd give a little update on how life's been going.

Nathan is just about 4 months old now, and I feel as though the days are just racing by. He's still waking me up at night all the time, and I won't lie that the interrupted sleep isn't taking its toll on me. In the past 3 days, I've sent Andrew out the door twice without his shoes. Oops. Still, I know this won't last forever, as with the gummy smiles, and lazy days of just cuddling. Andrew turned 3 on Monday, and it hit me that I'm going to be registering him for kindergarten in January. Since having the kids, I feel really aware of how much can change so quickly. I mean, I'd been working at the same job for 5 years before having Andrew, and things always seemed to be the same old, same old. But in the last 3 years, we've watched Andrew go from a newborn to a headstrong little boy who loves Lightning McQueen and rocket ships, and isn't afraid to tell us that. He knows all his letters, can count to 30, and has so much to say that it sometimes astounds me that all that started from a blank slate. I want to remember how he sits in my lap and tells me "I'm so happy to see Mommy!", or the fact that he is happy to share toys with Nathan as long as they're the broken ones. He runs in the backyard like a mad man, but stops in his tracks when an airplane flies overhead, reaches up with his little arms, and claims that he's going to touch it. There's so many little things that I want to remember about my kids at this point in their life, and yet it's often so hard to write those things down. Still, that doesn't mean I'm not going to try.


No comments: